DEUTERONOMY 32:8 - When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.
After the flood of Noah, God divide the earth into nations. In Genesis 10, we are given a list of 70 nations. When God divided the nations, He divided them according to the number of the Ben Elohim, or sons of God. These sons of God are generally referred to as angels.
We see these angels first in Genesis 6 when a number of them transgressed God's design and mated with human women creating giants and ultimately causing the great flood.
Jude 1:6 And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—
We also see the sons of God mentioned in Job 1 as they present themselves before God: Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
Another term we can use to describe these beings is powers and principalities: Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
We can deduce many of these sons of God have thrown their lot in with Satan and rebelled against the God who created them. These sons of God, we are told from scripture, are rulers, authorities and cosmic powers of darkness. Like their counterparts in Genesis 6, their end will be the lake of fire: Matthew 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Satan's plan has been, throughout recorded history, to destroy God's plan for man:
1. In the Garden of Eden, Satan tempted Eve to eat of the forbidden tree - God declared His plan of redemption in Genesis 3:15
2. The sons of God endeavored to corrupt man's bloodline by mingling angelic and human DNA Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. - God repopulated the earth with a genetically pure bloodline
3. After entering the land, Israel was corrupted by foreign gods and almost lost it's national identity - God continued to discipline the nation back to spiritual purity
4. King Herod tried to kill the Messiah - God sent Jesus to Egypt to protect Him
5. The early church was persecuted unto death by Rome - God protected and strengthened and underground movement
6. Rome attempted to absorb Christianity by blending it with paganism - God brought forth the Reformation and gave the Bible in the language of the people
7. Hitler tried to kill all the Jews - God stopped Hitler and gave Israel back their homeland in 1948 and Jerusalem in 1967
8. Now, 70 nations are attempting to give Jerusalem to a people who are not a people, a people who have no claim to the Holy City.
These are just a small sampling of Satan's campaign against God. Each and every time Satan and his minions have attempted to derail God's plan, God defeats his evil plans. God's will shall always be accomplished: Isaiah 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
These 70 nations aligned together against Israel are directed by the powers, principalities and authorities of darkness all under the influence of Satan himself. This, in a long line of failed attempts to destroy God's people and plan, will be one more opportunity for God to display His power and glory.
The end game in this agenda seems to be taking Jerusalem, and with it the Temple Mount, away from any control of the Jews. Taking the Temple Mount will prevent a rebuilding of the Temple, which must take place before Christ can return.
Even the Jesuit Vicar of Christ, Pope Francis seems to be on the side of Satan in this campaign. The Vatican has recently recognized the Palestinian state and Palestine will not negotiate on Jerusalem, so by default Francis is on the side of Satan in this conflict. for more on the Pope's evil click HERE
The first attempt to prevent a third Temple was the building of the Satanic Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount. Muslims believed they had built their evil structure over the very site of the Jewish Temple, however, modern surveying techniques have discovered the Temple was on the south side of the Temple Mount. True to prophetic scripture, there is room enough to build the Jewish Temple without disturbing the Dome of the Rock. The Dome of the Rock actually stands in what would have been the outer court. Revelation 11:1-2 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
This latest attempt to derail God's plan will also fail, but at what cost to humanity. Satan's attempts to stop God often cause great bloodshed and loss of human life. World War II being a great example.
Rest assured, these 70 nations and the evil forces provoking them shall not prevail, the passage from Revelation above proves this. Now is a time for prayer. Prayer for the peace of Jerusalem, prayer for the hearts of the men and women being used as tools of evil and prayer that God's people remain faithful and resolute.
God's plan for man shall stand and Christ shall rule from Jerusalem, our role is to go and make disciples while we pray against the powers of evil and their influence over mankind.