Saturday, March 21, 2015

DO YOU BELIEVE - A MOVIE REVIEW

I just got home from seeing the new movie Do You Believe.  It was, without doubt, one of the best faith based films I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few.  Do You Believe trailer

The film focuses on the lives of 12 people who each have to come to terms with who God is and what that means to them, whether it is coming to faith or renewing a commitment to Christ.  

Lee Majors, Sybil Shepherd, Brian Bosworth, Mira Sorvino and Sean Astin each gave excellent performances.

What I especially liked was the clear Gospel message that was delivered throughout the film.  Faith in Christ alone for salvation was clearly proclaimed.  Also, the need to live in that faith as a believer.  

This film has a message for everyone, no matter their background.  From the skeptic to the seasoned believer, there is challenge that cannot be ignored.  

DYB asks the question, "Here is the cross, do you believe in it's message?  If you do, it should not only bring you to your knees but it should bring you to your feet."  

This film is a must see for any believer.  If you get a chance, you should not only see this film, but bring an unsaved friend or family member.  If I were Siskel and Ebert, I would give this film 2 thumbs, way up!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the review and the link to the trailer was good I liked what I saw.
    Adron
    http://godlovesyou-adron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to see the movie, it had a very inspiring message that reignited the fire God has placed in me for discipleship. I have been developing a program over the past few months and am excited about the prospects of expanding it to local churches here in Knoxville.

      Delete