Friday, June 2, 2017

WHY SHOULD GOD CARE WHAT I DO?

  Image result for why does God care what i do        
      
Why should God care what I do?  Is God some petty control freak who demands my obedience in order to placate His ego?  What am I to God that He should even be aware of my existence in the vastness of all creation?  What difference does what God thinks about me even matter... I mean, really, who cares!?



     God cares.  God cares because He craves fellowship with His creation.  God cares because He desires to bless me and provide my needs and to pour out His Spirit upon me and then use me to reveal His great love to others.  God cares because God is love.

     Recently, a couple who is very dear to me began fostering a young child who, by all indications, was most likely abused. The child seems a bit distrustful  of men.  The foster dad desires a relationship with the child and is excited when the child responds to his kindness. Slowly, he is building a relationship with the child and every positive response from the child absolutely lifts his heart.  I believe this is how it is with God.  Our desire for Him lifts His heart!  We are hurt by people because people are broken and we distrust God because He becomes one more person who has the opportunity to let us down or take advantage of us.  

    God is not human and not bound to human weakness and sin.  God is not selfish or self serving that He should harm us, not even inadvertently, for His own agenda.  Everything in all of creation screams of God's love for us. Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

     Know this, God not only loves you, He exults over you... this means, when the Creator of the universe thinks of you, He is jubilant!  Imagine, the Lord of all creation jubilantly singing over your very existence!!  

God became a man (Jesus Christ) and died in our place in order to restore fellowship with us, even though we were not interested in fellowship with Him.  God cares about our behavior because it is often harmful to ourselves and/or others and hinders our ability to receive all He has for us.  

Why should God care what I do?  Because He wants what is best for me, He wants to reveal His great love to me and He wants to reveal His great love through me. That's why God cares about what I do!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment