Friday, December 26, 2014

GOD REVEALED HIS FAITHFULNESS TO ME EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT DESERVE IT

For the last eight months, I have had the best assignment of my 26 year career.  That all came to an unexpected end two days before Christmas, when I received a phone call telling me that I would be reassigned to a city office.  I was devastated by the news, as were my co-workers.  I called my wife and we prayed together and then I spent a good part of my lunch praying as well.  An unexplainable peace came over me, and I realized that God was in control and knew best and that even though this was not what I would have ever chosen, it would somehow be for the best.

Then I spoke to the person whom I would be replacing... Discouragement threatened to set in as she described the disaster I was coming into.  That night I went to bed confident that God would see me through but at 4:30 the next morning, I inexplicably woke up in dread of the impending assignment change and spent the next hour and a half praying and pleading with God to fix things or at least give me the courage to face the inevitable.  When I arrived at work on Christmas Eve, my coworkers were in a funk and complaining about the change.  I was in a pretty decent mood and they were perplexed until I told them I had been wrestling with God since 4:30 that morning and God won, and that I had peace about the whole thing.

Tonight, my last night at my current office, I spoke with the manager I will be replacing on Monday and once again became very discouraged about my new assignment.  I came home sad and worried.  I have many commitments in the evening throughout the week and my new assignment promises to be very long days and not many days off.  I once again went to prayer and asked God to show me some hope.  That hope came in the form of my friend who called and offered to cover for me whenever I needed it.  My friend also let me know the nature and cause of the problems at the new office and was confident that I would be able to fix things in a relatively short time.

I am ashamed to write this, as I know God is faithful and loves me, yet I doubted and got discouraged. I am reminded of the verse 2 Timothy 3:15 If we are faithless, He remains faithful for He cannot disown Himself.  I am a child of God, bought and paid for by the blood of Christ.  I am indwelt by the very Spirit of God and He promises to never leave me nor forsake me, He promises me that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He promises me that all things work together for good because I love Him and am called according to His purpose.  In my weakness, he is strong. Praise Him for He is God, Hallelujah!


No comments:

Post a Comment